For the Cilantro Pesto
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- The juice of one lime
- Lots of salt and pepper
- A good drizzle of olive oil – about 3-4 tbsp
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until needed.
For the Siracha Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp siracha, or more to taste
Combine the mayo and the siracha in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
For the Shrimp
- 2 dozen medium shrimp, washed, deveined, and tails removed
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
You’ll want to fry the shrimp just before you’re ready to serve. Set out three bowls. Place the flour in one and the panko in another. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Crack the eggs in the third and whisk well. Set a large skillet over medium heat and coat the bottom with ½ inch of oil. Heat until hot (2-3 minutes), and then, working in batches fry the shrimp until crisp, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 12 corn tortillas – wrap these in tin foil and warm them in a 400 degree oven while the shrimp are frying
- Thinly sliced cabbage – about ½ a small head
- Lime wedges
Place a little sliced cabbage on each tortilla. Top with a couple of fried shrimp, plenty of cilantro pesto and a good smear of siracha mayo. Serve with lime wedges on the side.